[Orgmode] emacs for the mac -- best distribution/version

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: [Orgmode] emacs for the mac -- best distribution/version
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 12:44:47 -0600

Hello fellows orgers,

After almost 5 years in a love-hate relationship with Linux and lately, Ubuntu (which I acknowledge, is a marvelous OS, and that has been getting greater with each release), I decided to go to the next level (read: Focus on web development/graphics design and forget about tweaking my OS for some time) and buy a Mac. There's no way I will ever use Windows again, except for selected games or eventual entertainment software that I'm not able to run on Mac or Linux, so, the logical decision was a Mac.

Philosophies aside, orgmode and emacs have become keys pieces of my life, I have almost every aspect of my life recorded in text-files managed by orgmode. This won't change whatever OS I use. So I politely ask, what is the best emacs distribution for the Mac? I've heard carbon emacs is the logical choice, but some say Aquamacs is better. What I want is an emacs that up-to-date with current releases and that is as close as possible to the one I use on my Ubuntu box right now (emacs-snapshot-gtk 23.1.50.1), so, any suggestions/ideas are greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,

Marcelo.