Re: [Orgmode] Dynamic tag completion with all tags from all agenda files

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Dynamic tag completion with all tags from all agenda files
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 09:09:38 +0100

Hi Carsten,

> %^G in a remember template gives you completion on all tags, globally.
> The fast tag interface does not, indeed.

Yes, that's nice and basically solves the problem for remember.

> On the list, but not now...

Great!  My birthday is November 26th, if you want to make me a
present. ;-)

Anyway, it seems the functionality is already there, so it should only
be accessible somehow in the usual `org-set-tags-command', maybe like I
described below, or in some other variant.

>>  ;; Use all tags from all agenda files, and add the tags foo and bar,
>>  ;; even if they are not used anywhere.
>>  (setq org-tag-alist '(:all foo bar))
>>
>> Now only the behavior of the TAGS keyword in files has to be defined
>> somehow.  Well, I don't have an opinion.  There are two options: 1)
>> extend the dynamic list of all tags with the ones defined in TAGS
>> (consistent with the :all keyword above), or 2) the dynamic list is
>> disabled and only those tags are shown (consistent with the current
>> behavior).

Thanks!
Tassilo