[Orgmode] Re: Is there a good way to use org as blog system?

From: Manoj Srivastava
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Is there a good way to use org as blog system?
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 01:20:36 -0600

On Tue, Nov 10 2009, Ian Barton wrote:

> Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 30 2009, Water Lin wrote:
>>
>>> I want to mantain a local static html blog system on my local
>>> computer. I think org is good enough to organise the stuff.
>>>
>>> Is there any special function for me to use org as blog system?
>>>
>>> I need a reference to start......
>>
>>         With the following Ikiwiki plugin, I have been using org as my
>>  Ikiwiki input mechanism (so I write all my blog posts as org-mode
>>  files, and Ikiwiki transforms tehm into html and rss.
>>
>>         manoj

> Thanks for this great plugin. I had a couple of problems with UTF8
> encodings not working. I have patched the plugin to fix this (code
> below). Warning I am not a Perl programmer, don't blame me if the
> patch eats your blog:)

        Thanks for the patch. I have applied it, with one minor tweak: I
 used
  binmode (OUTPUT, ":encoding(utf8)");
 for the output streams, so that the perl strings are actually checked
 for correct encoding.

        I'll send the (rebased) branch upstream, and see if it sticks
 this time (since emacs 23 has entered Debian)

        manoj
--
Majorities, of course, start with minorities. Robert Moses
Manoj Srivastava <address@hidden> <http://www.golden-gryphon.com/>