[Orgmode] Re: problem with latex export

From: Andreas Gösele
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: problem with latex export
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 23:42:53 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Sebastian!

Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose <at> gmx.de> writes:
> > I have the following problem: If I start emacs (22.2.1) or xemacs
> > (21.4.21) normally I cannot export to latex (or pdf, which goes
> > through latex). The process starts, but then hangs. In XEmacs the last
> > thing I see is "untabify done" and then a small window with a process
> > bar saying "fontifying org-mode-tmp...". But there is no progress and
> > I have to quit. (There's a "Stop" button, but that doesn't work.) In
> > Emacs I just see the first time I try it: "Loading tabify...done" and
> > then nothing happens, again I have to quit. The second time I try it I
> > only get: "Exporting to LaTeX...", again everything hangs.
> >
> > If I start without the init files (-q) and then load my init files by
> > hand everthing works. (I did this, to see whether something in my init
> > files causes the problems. But if everthing works if I load them
> > later, I guess it's not a problem of my init files.)
> >
> > Org-mode is version 6.21b
>
> As I cannot reproduce this, I suggest updating to the current
> git-version.

I did, but the problem continues.

I have BTW to make a small correction to my last post: There is a small
difference in the case of emacs and xemacs: Having started emacs without the
init-files I then can open and evaluate my init.el and custom.el as a whole
without causing problems. In the case of xemacs that's true only for init.el. If
I evaluate custom.el as a whole buffer the problems returns. But if a evaluate
the (only four) expressions in it one after the other - no problem.

Thanks again

Andreas Gösele