Re: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] dot in pdf directly

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] dot in pdf directly
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:40:07 +0100

andrea Crotti <address@hidden> writes:
> Eric Schulte <schulte.eric <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> The two separate mechanisms are confusion, but for now are necessary to
>> allow org-mode users to evaluate some simple block types (like dot) on
>> export without having to load up all of org-babel.
>>
>> I hope the above isn't too confusing :) -- Eric
>>

> No no thanks a lot not it's very clear.
> Coming back to my original question, am I able to insert directly
> the eps generated in my final generated pdf??
>
> Maybe I have to
> #+begin_dot -Tpdf -o file.pdf
> #+end_dot
>
> And then somewhere write some latex code to include it?
> #+begin_latex
> \includegraphics..
> #+end_latex

Yes, you can include the eps image like this at any point - not sure if
you need to run the export twice, once the dot block changes.

But the dot block itself will always be executed and replaced by the
resulting image. This is absolutely fine in 99% of all cases.

Suppose you want to refer to the image several times, how about this
then:

   1. Create a file your-org-directory/images/images.org
   2. Put all images into that file, that you need to reference more
      than once, or that you need to be out of sight to avoid clutter.
   3. Include your images using the relative path to
      ../your-org-directory/images/resulting-image.eps

Sebastian