Re: [Orgmode] [OT] How do you keep your reference data?

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [OT] How do you keep your reference data?
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 13:54:21 +0100

   Information that has no potential next action associated but that
   still has potential reference value and that you'd like to keep
   around, how and where do you keep it ?

For that purpose I use an org file called ref.org with the following
structure:

  --- begin of ref.org
  -*- mode: org -*-

  * 0                              :REF0:
  * 1                              :REF1:
  * A                              :REFA:
  * B                              :REFB:
  * Z                              :REFZ:
  --- end of ref.org

The second-level headers are then the knowledge entries.  To see the
entries in the agenda I use the following custom:

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands '( ... other entries ...
                                   ("r0" tags "+REF0" nil)
                                   ("ra" tags "+REFA" nil)
                                   ("rb" tags "+REFB" nil)
                                   ("rz" tags "+REFZ" nil)))

Then I can use C-aC-cr<LETTER>, where C-aC-c is the agenda command in
my system and LETTER is the letter (or digit) I want to see the
entries for.

It is not very sophisticated, but it works nicely for me :)

--
Jose E. Marchesi    address@hidden
GNU Project         http://www.gnu.org