[Orgmode] Re: contact management in org-mode?

From: Ben Finney
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: contact management in org-mode?
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 16:59:20 +1100

Russell Adams <address@hidden> writes:

> Given the discussion about a "simple" database [for storing contacts],
> it struck me that I might just use properties and column mode. Dynamic
> fields and views, hotlinks, VC, text file...

Thank you, Russell, for the BBDB rant (which I quite agree with) and for
giving your current solution based on Org items with properties.

I'm dipping my toes into Org and, for contact data, BBDB seemed the
natural way to go; I'm glad I looked around to find alternatives before
dumping too much data into BBDB. Everyone's responses in this thread
have saved me a *lot* of time and effort.

--
 \         “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “I think so, |
  `\     Brain, but if they called them ‘Sad Meals’, kids wouldn't buy |