Re: [Orgmode] Re: How to add entries to an org file, not diary

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: How to add entries to an org file, not diary
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 08:02:12 +0100

On Nov 6, 2009, at 6:21 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:

Stephen Eglen <address@hidden> writes:

Dear all,
If I'm visting an agenda (C-c a a) buffer, and want to add a diary entry
for a particular day, I can use org-agenda-diary-entry, bound to 'i'.
This inserts an entry in my diary file.

What I'd like to do is add the entry instead to an org file,
e.g. 'agenda.org' where I currently store all diary-like entries.  Is
that functionality available?  (Am trying to wean myself off diary
files, after many years of using it...)

Thanks, Stephen

Hi Stephen,

I agree that would be a nice feature.  I stopped using the diary a few
years ago and have totally avoided the 'i' functions in the agenda since
it creates diary entries that just get lost for me.  Instead I've
trained by fingers to make remember tasks instead but I have to create
the dates manually in the remember task.

It would be a lot nicer if this could create a task with a diary sexp
type entry for the details.

Why diary sexp entries and not direct Org time stamp
entries?  Is there a consensus that diary sexps should
be use for this application?

- Carsten