Re: [Orgmode] MobileOrg 1.0 for iPhone/iPod Touch now available

From: Tim O'Callaghan
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] MobileOrg 1.0 for iPhone/iPod Touch now available
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 11:46:31 +0100

2009/11/5 Manish <address@hidden>:
> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 6:01 AM, Adam Spiers wrote:
>> Richard Moreland (address@hidden) wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> MobileOrg 1.0 is now available in the iTunes AppStore:
>>> http://bit.ly/1kpHqg  Documentation (including a screencast
>>> demonstrating the app) is available on the website at
>>> http://mobileorg.ncogni.to.
>>>
>>> Many thanks to Carsten and all the beta testers who helped get it
>>> ready for release.  Feel free to contact me with any questions or
>>> support requests.  If there is a question related to Org-mode
>>> integration, CC: Carsten too, he's the expert on that side of
>>> things.
>>>
>>> Be sure to use Org-mode 6.32 or later.
>>
>> Looks like fantastic work, congratulations!  Thank heavens I finally
>> got Ubuntu/emacs/orgmode/git running natively on my Android phone,
>> otherwise I'd be green with envy ;-)
>
> I met rhomobile folks at a conference today.  Essentially, you develop
> an app on their framework (in Ruby, I think) and your app can then be
> natively exported/compiled for iPhone, Android, Symbian, Windows
> Mobile and Blackberry (no Maemo.)  It's free for apps to be released
> under GPLv3.  I find the whole concept quite fascinating.
>
> http://rhomobile.com/

Another option that i think is worth mentioning, because of
org-info.js, is Javascript Widgets. They are cross platform, insofar
as they seem to be an open web technology. They will run on any
platform that has a compatible JavaScript environment. The Opera
Browser platforms will let you run widgets on Windows mobile and
almost all Symbian devices, as well as the usual desktop environments.
I believe the iphone has a widget capability too.

Opera has an SDK:
http://dev.opera.com/articles/view/opera-widgets-sdk/
http://dev.opera.com/articles/view/opera-desktop-widgets-evolved/

Tim.