Re: [Orgmode] MobileOrg 1.0 for iPhone/iPod Touch now available

From: Manish
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] MobileOrg 1.0 for iPhone/iPod Touch now available
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 12:41:03 +0530

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 6:01 AM, Adam Spiers wrote:
> Richard Moreland (address@hidden) wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> MobileOrg 1.0 is now available in the iTunes AppStore:
>> http://bit.ly/1kpHqg  Documentation (including a screencast
>> demonstrating the app) is available on the website at
>> http://mobileorg.ncogni.to.
>>
>> Many thanks to Carsten and all the beta testers who helped get it
>> ready for release.  Feel free to contact me with any questions or
>> support requests.  If there is a question related to Org-mode
>> integration, CC: Carsten too, he's the expert on that side of
>> things.
>>
>> Be sure to use Org-mode 6.32 or later.
>
> Looks like fantastic work, congratulations!  Thank heavens I finally
> got Ubuntu/emacs/orgmode/git running natively on my Android phone,
> otherwise I'd be green with envy ;-)

I met rhomobile folks at a conference today.  Essentially, you develop
an app on their framework (in Ruby, I think) and your app can then be
natively exported/compiled for iPhone, Android, Symbian, Windows
Mobile and Blackberry (no Maemo.)  It's free for apps to be released
under GPLv3.  I find the whole concept quite fascinating.

http://rhomobile.com/

--
Manish