Re: [Orgmode] FR: org-agenda-skip-deadline-if-scheduled

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] FR: org-agenda-skip-deadline-if-scheduled
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 14:21:25 +0000

Adam Spiers (address@hidden) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Quick feature suggestion:
>
> I just discovered `org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-deadline-is-shown',
> which is a very nice option, but I actually want the opposite, i.e.
> `org-agenda-skip-deadline-if-scheduled'.  The reason for this is that
> if I have missed a deadline (sadly all too common), I want to be able
> to schedule it for tomorrow and not have it show in today's agenda,
> otherwise when planning today's activities, the total effort estimate
> for today gets over-inflated by the deadlined task.

I just realised that this also applies not just to missed deadlines
but also upcoming ones.  In both cases, marking as scheduled indicates
that the deadline is being managed correctly and can safely be
excluded from the agenda view for today to avoid clutter and the
impact on today's time estimates.