[Orgmode] Re: Feature request about habit tracking

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Feature request about habit tracking
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 08:58:15 -0500

Hi Friedrich,

Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi
>
> Carsten Dominik schrieb:
>> from what I see, John has built the habit tracking
>> into the routine that looks for scheduling entries.  So it would be
>> a significant change to do this for normal time stamps.
>>
>> A solution for you could be to just use the scheduling stuff anyway,
>> and then use a filter function to make sure these entries do not show up
>> in the iCalendar export (untested):
> ---Zitatende---
>
> To schedule those items is a significant semantic difference for me,
> which is reflected in a different face in the agenda, so just
> filtering them out of the icalendar export is not enough.

Have you tried using habits? Even though their functionality depends on
SCHEDULED timestamps, they look and behave quite differently than normal
scheduled items.

Granted, habits appear with the org-scheduled-today face. But they do
not have the normal "Scheduled:" or "Sched. 2x" warnings. And they can
easily be filtered out of the agenda by pressing "K".

Best,
Matt