[Orgmode] [babel] noweb expansion of LaTeX output from R

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: [Orgmode] [babel] noweb expansion of LaTeX output from R
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 11:45:26 -1000

Aloha all,

Is it possible to use the noweb syntax to pass LaTeX output from R into a latex source block? I thought this would work, but the noweb expansion yields nil.

Please note that this is just a question and not a request for a change to org-babel. In this particular case, the best solution for my workflow appears to be sending the table to a file, where I can tweak the results more easily and completely than I can using the facilities of the xtable package in R.

It does seem like a potentially useful path, though.

The following source and results blocks illustrate the situation, but won't run unless you have a whole.adze object in the R session. If need be, I can supply an example that will stand alone.

All the best,
Tom

#+begin_src latex
 Here is the output of the quantile
  function: <<r-weight-quantile()>>.
#+end_src

#+srcname: r-weight-quantile
#+begin_src R :session :noweb :results output
 library(xtable)
 weight <- quantile(whole.adze$weight)
 xtable(as.data.frame(weight))
#+end_src

#+resname: r-weight-quantile
#+begin_example
% latex table generated in R 2.9.2 by xtable 1.5-5 package
% Sun Nov  1 11:17:44 2009
\begin{table}[ht]
\begin{center}
\begin{tabular}{rr}