[Orgmode] Re: contact management in org-mode?

From: Shelagh Manton
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: contact management in org-mode?
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 21:54:17 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:48:16 +0100, Uwe Jochum wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> has someone tried "forms" for the purpose of contact management? See:
>
> http://sunsite.ualberta.ca/Documentation/Gnu/emacs-21.1/html_chapter/
forms_frame.html

> Best,
>
> Uwe

I have used forms for a couple of primitive addresses databases I have
which is based on the /etc/password file. I thought I'd say that, yes I
have and do use forms for addresses and it does work nicely.

But of course it does not hook into any other emacs functionality. Just
use them to quickly look up addresses and phone numbers.

Shelagh