Re: [Orgmode] [OT] lisp func to write timestamp to buffer

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [OT] lisp func to write timestamp to buffer
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 22:44:39 -0400

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> Org uses a timestamp format like the following across all its functionality:
>
> [2009-10-29 Thu 17:14]
>
> I would like to be able to ouput this string whenever I'd like to a buffer,
> with the current timestamp, this is useful for example to timestamp notes
> inside an org file arbitrarily:
>
> * [2009-10-29 Thu 17:14
>  Bla Bla Bla
>
> How could I do that? I searched for such function with apropos but couldn't
> find anything that fits.

Assuming you are in an org buffer

C-u C-c ! <RET>

will insert an inactive time stamp (including the current time - that's the
prefix argument):

     [2009-10-29 Thu 22:34]

Similarly

C-u C-c . <RET>

will insert an active time stamp:

     <2009-10-29 Thu 22:35>

The functions bound to C-c ! and C-c . are org-time-stamp-inactive and
org-time-stamp
respectively. BTW, both are in the drop-down Org menu: Org/Dates and
Scheduling/...

Is this what you are looking for?

Nick