[Orgmode] Re: contact management in org-mode?

From: Richard Riley
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: contact management in org-mode?
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 17:00:05 +0100

address@hidden (Gregory J. Grubbs) writes:

> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> At Sat, 24 Oct 2009 21:34:10 -0500, Russell Adams wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> I reverse my recommendation regarding BBDB.
>>>
>>> /rant on
>>>

>> [...]
>>
>>> /rant off
>>
>> I'm in complete agreement with you on this rant.  I do find it
>> incredible that there are no good contact managers out there, at least
>> not those that are not tied to some specific tool.
>>

> I can finally admit it here:
>
> I, too, am a BBDB hater.
>
> Maybe now I can finally move on with my life ... thank you all!
>
> -Greg
>
> ... but really, there has to be a better way.  Maybe a wrapper around a
> contact-specific sqlite database?

The lack of sync with google contacts is a real big "minus" for bbdb :
but I still use it over any other emacs solution for contact management.

Possibly the best solution would be a gnus method that talks to
evolution or google contacts directly? From that way it would be
relatively trivial I guess to re-write as bbdb using bbdb methods.