Re: [babel] Re: [Orgmode] org-babel: Meta-LaTeX-Python-Environment

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [babel] Re: [Orgmode] org-babel: Meta-LaTeX-Python-Environment
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 20:55:47 -1000

On Oct 28, 2009, at 12:19 PM, Eric Schulte wrote:

"Thomas S. Dye" <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

Eric,

I think Torsten has a clearer idea than I do about what kinds of
programming structures might be appropriate here, but your suggestion
looks to me like an elegant replacement for the file based technique
I'm using to pass information into 'begin_src latex' blocks now.
Expanding the noweb syntax in the way you propose looks extremely
useful.  I think it introduces an exciting range of possibilities into
the workflow I'm developing with org-babel.  So, yes, your proposal
sounds appropriate to me.

Tom

This has now been implemented.  To try it out grab the most recent
version of Org-mode.  Changes include
- the ability to insert the *results* of source-code blocks through the
 use of noweb references in which the source-name is followed by ()s,
 and
- the addition of the org-babel-latex.el file which should make it
 easier to add latex to the languages known to org-babel

To try this out please run org-babel-tangle on the attached org-mode
file.

<noweb-eval.org>
which should result in the attached .tex file

<somewhere.tex>
Let me know if I should make any changes to this new setup.  Thanks for
the ideas. -- Eric

Eric,

Yes, the expanded noweb syntax works here as advertised.  Wonderful.  I look forward to making use of it and will take you up on your offer to make changes as new possibilities make themselves known.

All the best,
Tom

Thomas S. Dye, Ph.D.

T. S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists, Inc.

Phone: (808) 529-0866 Fax: (808) 529-0884

http://www.tsdye.com