[Orgmode] Re: Toggle 'closed' in org-agenda-log-mode-items

From: Steve Cothern
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Toggle 'closed' in org-agenda-log-mode-items
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 15:21:29 -0700

Hi Nathan,

I wanted to do the same thing.  Here's a snippet of elisp that does the
job -- it's a bit simpleminded but gets the job done:

(defun org-toggle-agenda-show-closed-logs ()
;; pseudo code ------
;if org-agenda-log-mode-items contains 'closed' then
;    remove 'closed' from org-agenda-log-mode-items
;else
;   add 'closed' to org-agenda-log-mode-items
;(refresh the agenda view)
  (interactive)
  (if (equal (car org-agenda-log-mode-items) 'closed)
      (setq org-agenda-log-mode-items '(clock))
    (setq org-agenda-log-mode-items '(closed clock)))
  (org-agenda-redo)
)

Cheers,

Steve

"Nathan Neff" <address@hidden> wrote in message
On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Bernt Hansen<address@hidden> wrote:
> Nathan Neff <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I know that I can set this variable or define a custom agenda view
>> if I only want to see clocked items in the agenda:
>>
>> (setq org-agenda-log-mode-items (quote (clock)))
>>
>> But, I like the way that the 'l' and 'R' keys work in the agenda,
>> where they show/hide
>> the log and the clock report.
>>
>> Is there a way to define something similar for the showing/hiding of
>> Closed log items in the agenda?
>>
>> I'm not very good at lisp, so something like this pseudo-code:
>>
>> (defun org-toggle-agenda-show-closed-logs ()
>> ;; pseudo code ------
>> if org-agenda-log-mode-items contains 'closed' then
>> remove 'closed' from org-agenda-log-mode-items
>> else
>> add 'closed' to org-agenda-log-mode-items
>> (refresh the agenda view)
>> )
>>
>> (define-key org-mode-map (kbd "<f6>")
>> 'org-toggle-agenda-show-closed-logs)
>
> l in the agenda shows clock times only with your setup.
>
> C-u l shows task state changes too. Is that what you are looking for or
> do you only want the closed states?

I would like to be able to press some key and toggle between these two
things:

1)  Show Clocked tasks only

2)  Show Clocked tasks and Closed items

Thanks for any ideas,