Re: [Orgmode] Problem with icalendar export: all items with active times

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Problem with icalendar export: all items with active timestamps are being exported
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 18:00:46 +0100

On Oct 28, 2009, at 5:35 PM, Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs wrote:

Hey, that was quick! Thanks! ;)

So it works?

Carsten Dominik schrieb:
you don't want normal time stamps in your agenda as events???  Well,
this is an unusual idea.

The reason I want this, is that I use SCHEDULED timestamps as my calendar items (i.e. the "hard landscape" for my day) and normal active timestamps as tickler items
which can also be done on a different day.

And I then export the iCal file to google calendar and view those entries on my phone, so I only want to see the hard landscape there, in order to decide appointments.

I hear some people use exactly the opposite semantics for SCHEDULED and plain
timestamps, but I find this more logical.

Well, I can see both sides.

- Carsten