Re: [Orgmode] Re: Added support for "habit tracking"

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Added support for "habit tracking"
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 06:34:49 -0400

On Oct 23, 2009, at 2:10 AM, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa wrote:

How could I define it so I can have a habit that happens weekly but that has a hard deadline of that very same weekday it has been specified to?

In this case you would use an ordinary task with a ++1w repeater. Are you wanting to use habits just for the graph?

Habits are different from tasks. It is "suggested" that you do them within a range of time, but it's not completion which is important, rather consistency over the long-run. Hence the graph to indicate your overall progress on the goal of being consistent.

A weekly review, on the other hand, is something that you really should do every week, and if you miss it doesn't matter how well you've been doing in the past, a single missed week could throw you off considerably.

John