Re: [Orgmode] Re: New module: org-learn, incremental reading

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: New module: org-learn, incremental reading
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 18:44:42 -0400

On Oct 21, 2009, at 9:58 AM, Bill Powell wrote:

In my own experience, material /always/ has to be repeated.
Especially when you're first learning something, those
"perfect" responses will turn real shaky if you wait three
months before you look at the items again. I believe this is
how Anki and Mnemosyne work, too.

The algorithm had two details that maybe we could make configurable:

 1. If the user's quality answer is <3, restart the OF-Matrix all
    over again, but using the current E-Factor.

 2. If the user's quality answer is >3, stop the repetition cycle.

We could make these numbers be min and max, and configurable, so that you could either always repeat, or only restart the OF-Matrix if it's below a lower number.

John