[Orgmode] [GTD] Keeping a log of the activities - putting archive to goo

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: [Orgmode] [GTD] Keeping a log of the activities - putting archive to good use
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 11:12:59 -0500

Hello list,

In the excellent article that Charles Cave wrote, he says that he keeps a journal.org file to keep log of things he did during the day. I was thinking what was the relationship of this category with the newgtd.org_archive, which is essentially a log of the activities, and that even includes the timestamp of when they were marked as DONE (The CLOSED metadata).

IMHO opinion though, I don't think there's the need of a journal.org file (I do keep a journal, but for more reflexive reasons, like, everyday in the morning or at night I write about the day or problems or myself or things or just a canvas for my thoughts, that, although could be considered a log, is not the same as keeping track of things, like the one Charles uses is).

So, if we could write a function that getting a date input could parse this file and return the DONE items of this specific day, we could then just rely on that for log of activities (we collect, process, organize, review, do and when we need to know what we did, we can rely on this list).

What do you think?

Marcelo.