Re: [Orgmode] Patch for resolving "away time" when clocked in

From: James TD Smith
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Patch for resolving "away time" when clocked in
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 12:57:27 +0100

Hi John,

On 2009-10-16 03:03:19(-0400), John Wiegley wrote:
> Looking for anyone who uses Org's time clocking facilities and is
> willing to test this with me.  I've been using it for a couple of days
> now.  The functionality is based on the way the commercial app
> OfficeTime handles idleness.

I've been using org with this patch for a couple of days and I've found a
problem. I have several remember templates for handling phone calls, which clock
in automatically. org-clock-resolve fails when the remember buffer is open, I
think because the rememeber buffer somehow got into the result of
org-files-list.

I've changed org-files-list in my org install to

(defun org-files-list ()
  "Return `org-agenda-files' list, plus all open org-mode files.
This is useful for operations that need to scan all of a user's
open and agenda-wise Org files."
  (let ((files (mapcar 'expand-file-name org-agenda-files)))
    (dolist (buf (buffer-list))
      (with-current-buffer buf
      (if (and (eq major-mode 'org-mode) (buffer-file-name)
       (not (equal (buffer-name) "*Remember*")))
           (let ((file (expand-file-name (buffer-file-name))))
                 (unless (member file files)
                 (push file files))))))
    files))

which seems to have fixed the problem.