Re: [Orgmode] ECB and org-mode

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] ECB and org-mode
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 12:28:44 +0200

Hi Eric,

I have added this code to org.el, please verify that it works because I have wrapped
it into eval-after-load.

Thanks!

- Carsten

On Oct 14, 2009, at 7:18 PM, Eric S Fraga wrote:

At Tue, 13 Oct 2009 10:00:29 +0200, Carsten Dominik wrote:

[snipped: messages regarding jumping into org file from ECB tree buffer and
having the hierarchy displayed]

If you find a solution, please post, maybe I can install it in org.el,
using eval-after-load (I'm doing this already for a couple
of other packages that let you jump right in the middle of an Org file).

Carsten,

The following seems to work:

(defadvice ecb-method-clicked (after esf/org-show-context)
"Make sure hierarchy is visible when jumping into location from ECB tree buffer"
 (if (string= major-mode "org-mode")
     (org-show-context)
   )
 )

I have tested this but not exhaustively and so maybe it depends on
some of my specific org-mode settings.  I don't know if anybody else
uses ECB extensively but, if so, it would be great if they tried it.
I don't specifically (require 'ecb) anywhere so I don't think this is
required; I am, however, using emacs 23.1.

Again, apologies for my minimal (yet increasing) elisp knowledge!

You're welcome to use this in any way you wish (and, before you ask
(;-), I am still awaiting a response from the FSF re: copyright
assignment as I posted the signed page several weeks ago now).

On a related note, I have not managed to figure out why the ECB tree
buffer shows only up to two levels of the org-mode heading hierarchy.
Ideally, I would like it to show all levels.  Is there a variable in
org-mode that may be affecting this?

Thanks,
eric

- Carsten