[Orgmode] Links and file association

From: Christoph Herzog
Subject: [Orgmode] Links and file association
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 10:48:55 +0200

When in org-mode I try to open a link that contains the path to an OpenOffice.org writer file (file suffix *.odt) emacs assumes (correctly) that it is a zip-file (*odt-files are in fact consisting of several zipped files) and opens it in a separate buffer saying "Zip-Archive". However, this is of course not what I want. I am aware that this is most probably not an org-mode issue but has perhaps either to do with archive-mode or more generally with the way emacs is recognizing file-types. I looked at the /etc/mailcap file, but it seems ok and on the Desktop things are working for me. It's only with emacs that I have this problem (both emacs 22 and emacs 23.0.91.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.16.0). I'm using Kubuntu 9.04

I was unable to find a solution, so I'm hoping that someone perhaps knows a way to solve this. Thanks a lot.

Christoph