RE: [Orgmode] Help: exporting an agenda view not working in v6.31a

From: Qi Qi
Subject: RE: [Orgmode] Help: exporting an agenda view not working in v6.31a
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 20:49:09 -0500

 <address@hidden>

My fault with C-g not working in previous email. C-g works to stop the hang=
ing process.=20
I just test mine that Cx Cw works in any buffers for exporting except the a=
genda view buffer.=20
I use Emacs 23.1.50.1 on a kubuntu 9.04 jaunty. Org version is the 6.31a.=20
I will try to debug it.

Thanks again=2C Nick!

Qi

> To: address@hidden
> CC: address@hidden address@hidden
> From: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Help: exporting an agenda view not working in v6.3=
1a
> Date: Thu=2C 15 Oct 2009 18:15:43 -0400
>
> Qi Qi  wrote:
>
>> Thanks=2C Nick. I will see if backtrace could give it any clues.
>>
>> C-g doesn't work after my emacs hangs. When I type C-x C-w in the
>> agenda view=2C and selet an option to export then it hangs there. I can
>> see the cpu jumps high for long.
>>
>> It's strange. Because I did exactly same thing in v6.30g without such pr=
oblem.

> How do you get out of it? Do you restart emacs?
>
> If C-g does not work=2C then you are not going to be able to get a
> backtrace in these circumstances. You *might* be able to use edebug-defun
> to single-step through the called functions and find out where it hangs
> (it's tedious=2C but...)
>
> What machine/OS are you running? Which version of emacs?
>
> Assuming Linux=2C does top indicate that emacs is taking up all
> the CPU? Or is it some other process?
>
> top=2C ps=2C vmstat=2C iostat and so on are all useful in getting a
> glimpse into what's happening.
>
> Good luck=2C
> Nick

                                         =20
Hotmail: Free=2C trusted and rich email service.
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222984/direct/01/=