[Orgmode] Re: org-version from git 6.30 trans

From: Greg Newman
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-version from git 6.30 trans
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 07:14:18 -0400

Thanks Bernt.  I learn't somethin' new today.
I used gitx to check the submodule which I did not know I could do from within a git repo. Very nice.
Ok, I'll update it to use the 6.31 tag.

Thanks again.

— Greg

On Oct 14, 2009, at 7:09 AM, Bernt Hansen wrote:

Greg Newman <address@hidden> writes:

I have my configs setup so that org-mode is a git submodule from
git://repo.or.cz/org-mode.git I updated my submodule but org-version
is still saying 6.30 trans.  Is 6.31 on a branch or tag?

Hi Greg,

I don't use submodules in git yet but as I understand it the supermodule points at a specific commit and won't move until you update it. 6.31 is
a tag which is part of the history of the master branch.  You can see
this in gitk.

HTH,
Bernt