Re: [Orgmode] Re: A simpler remember architecture

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: A simpler remember architecture
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 08:17:16 +0100

At Tue, 6 Oct 2009 16:33:08 +0200,
Daniel Clemente wrote:

> > To cater more to the OP's needs, consider using a special tag for such
> > common tasks, like :COMMON:
> >
> > The create a special agenda view hat just shows this tag.
>

>   This is a very nice solution. I thought of the agenda view as a way
> to view your agenda, but now I see that it can actually serve as a
> generic task dispatcher.

Yes, it took me a while of using agenda purely as a list of my tasks
before I realised (thanks to this list) that it was ever so powerful!
I use the tag :clocked: for all my clockable activities (which are not
that many, maybe 8 or so).

What I found particularly useful was to set the
org-tags-exclude-from-inheritance variable to include :clocked: so
that you can have as complex a hierarchy below any clockable item
without it appearing in the agenda.

eric