Re: [Orgmode] Multiple publishing projects

From: Sebastian
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Multiple publishing projects
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 19:19:28 +0200

Am Montag, den 05.10.2009, 20:33 -1000 schrieb Thomas S. Dye:
> Aloha all,
>

> Apologies in advance if the answer to this query is obvious.  I've
> looked through the documentation but can't find how to specify
> multiple publishing projects.  There are examples of simple projects
> and projects with multiple components, but no example that I can find
> of a specification for multiple projects.  I'm guessing this has to do
> with org-publish-project-alist, and that my rudimentary LISP
> comprehension prevents me from seeing the simple answer.    I've set
> up one publishing project that works fine.  I just can't figure out
> how to add a second one.

`org-publish-projects-alist' is a list of projects.

(setq org-publish-project-alist
      '(

        ;; Place all projects here

       )

There are two different kinds of such projects.

The first kind of project is a real project definition.
This is an example of such a real project:

        ("worg-notes"
         :base-directory "~/org/Worg/"
         :auto-index nil ; generate index.org automagically
         :recursive t
         :base-extension "org"
         :publishing-directory "~/develop/htdocs/worg/"
         :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-html
         :headline-levels 3
         :auto-preamble t  )

The other kind of project is a compound project. A compound project
consists entirely of projects itself (besides it's own name):

        ("worg" :components ("worg-notes" "worg-static"))

Those compound projects exist for convenience. In this example, you
can simply export the `worg' project, which in turn will trigger the
publishing of `worg-notes' and `worg-static'.

You may place an arbitrary number of real and compound projects in
`org-publish-projects-alist'.

Best wishes

    Sebastian