Re: [Orgmode] pstricks in org-mode?

From: Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] pstricks in org-mode?
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 15:34:01 -0300

From the documentation it seems that org-mode uses dvipng.
[[info:org:LaTeX%20fragments][info:org:LaTeX fragments]]
But I don't know how it behaves with pstricks.

I usually create the graphics in a separated file when I'm working with
latex. It's a complete latex file with the necessary preamble that will be
later turned into comments when I'm finished and want to actually include the
graphic in my document. (using \input{graphic.tex})

When I'm working on it, Emacs occupies half of my screen (or more) and evince
occupies the other half. Whenever I compile the document (using pdflatex since I
use tikz to draw graphics) the pdf is automatically reloaded by evince. Since I
don't rely on the preview-latex for developing the graphics I don't know if it
works with tikz. I guess I'll give it a try.

I tried with the simple example
,----
| \begin{tikzpicture}
| \draw (0,0) -- (1,1);
| \end{tikzpicture}
`----
and it does not work. Only a little square is show in the Emacs buffer. Well,
this is expected since the package tikz is not included in the temporary .tex
file (and neither is pstricks as I could see).

After included the usepackage{tikz} in org-format-latex-header the preview is
"created". However nothing is show, since the graphic generated by tikz (and
pstricks) is not present at the DVI stage.

This seems to be a limitation of dvipng and not org-mode.

Darlan