Re: [Orgmode] Re: A simpler remember architecture (was: Re: Re: is there

From: Peter Frings
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: A simpler remember architecture (was: Re: Re: is there a hook to save a remember buffer?)
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 12:26:02 +0200

On 01 Oct 2009, at 11:14, Rainer Stengele wrote:

Jean-Marie Gaillourdet schrieb:
Hi,
while we are discussing a new org-remember facility. I've been missing an option to clock the time I've taken to write down my remember note.
E.g. I use remember to make a small protocoll of a telephone call or
some discussion with a colleague. It would help me alot to if that
time would be clocked automatically. After the remember note is finalized the previous cloked in task
should become active again. Perhaps with some kind of optional
message/popup/whatever to say: Well, you were doing this before, I
clocked you in again.

[snip]

exactly what I am doing quite often!
Being interrupted (telephone, colleague bringing more work ...) while working on an clocked in TODO I pop up a remember buffer, manually clock in, discuss/write down my stuff, save the remember buffer and then have to find the old task. Yes, "C-u C-c C-x C-j" shows you the recent clcoked in tasks but automising the clocking in/out work would make the "remembering" of new tasks just faster.

I could image a `clock out and return to the previous one' would be handy, even out of the remember facility. Nested activities would be great! Of course, one could always mis-use remember for that (if the previous feature get implemented, that is), but it feels more convenient to have nested clocks.

Cheers,
Peter.