Re: [Orgmode] gnowsys-mode a major mode extending org

From: Nagarjuna G.
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] gnowsys-mode a major mode extending org
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 10:19:20 +0530

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 6:53 AM, Samuel Wales <address@hidden> wrote:

> I haven't posted most of my related ideas yet, but I proposed
> something similar (a prerequisite for it) called ID markers, in
> http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg11845.html .  I
> still need to reply to the replies, and will do so at some point.  I
> also need to motivate one of the goals,for ID markers, which is
> graph-theoretic graphs (in particular robust bidirectional links) for
> personal use.

Indeed, I read the posts on the archive.  If we have a mechanism by
which each note/node has a URI it is possible to draw graphs.

I may have forgotten to add, we do draw graphs of each node using
graphviz library in SVG and show it in browser.  The graph file is
generated and its link provided in the org buffer.

> You can have any place (which can be loosely defined) be a node
> (including being a source and a target of arcs) merely by putting an
> ID marker there.  This frees you from needing nodes to be entries with
> properties.

Isn't adding an ID marker same as creating node with properties.  It
will be nice to make it as readable as possible using text, and also
make the network navigable for human beings.

> I do hope that whatever ideas you implement can be put into contrib or
> the core as general-purpose facilities for org.

Which algo did you use for generating unique IDs?

Nagarjuna