Re: [Orgmode] Re: LaTeX export of images

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: LaTeX export of images
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 11:30:33 +0200

On Sep 23, 2009, at 11:09 PM, Sébastien Vauban wrote:

Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:
Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:
Francesco Pizzolante wrote:
In this case, we should just generate \includegraphics{myimage} without
the centerline command.

Given the output of the `\centerline' command, I guess that the inlining of an image inside a line of text is not supported as is by Org. I can second
such a choice.

+1 for default to inline graphics. When using Org for How-To and project documentation delivered as PDF, floating screenshot-size images typically
situate far from the descriptive text.

My point was mainly that, IMHO, floating or not should not be tied to the
presence or absence of caption/label.

Your problem with screenshots far away should be solved by putting the H
specifier to the float environment and loading the `float' package.

I would prefer inline images by default (or option), and a file/ subtree
level option to use LaTeX floating layout.

That'd be a great way to be able to specify which type of "inlining" we want.
On a per file basis seems sufficient for me.

Hi Sebastien,

how about working out a detailed proposal how this should work?

- Carsten