Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode version 6.30trans; Cursor does not move to end-of

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode version 6.30trans; Cursor does not move to end-of-line in agenda view
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 08:37:24 +0100

On Sep 24, 2009, at 12:47 PM, Bastien wrote:

Hi Carsten,

yes, Org does not allow to put the cursor at the end of the line in
the agenda. This is an artifact and hast to do with the fact that the
agenda often looks at text properties to access information about the
item.  The \n does not have those properties.

I could fix this, but I don't actually see a good reason for it.
Give me one, and I will change it.

Let's try:

 when one wants to shift-select the entry one cannot select it
 entirely because the cursor cannot reach the end of the line,
 which is especially annoying for links.

Besides that (only good) reason, I guess it just looks weird...
I reported this problem before as well.

OK, I gave it a try - lets see what it breaks....

- Carsten