Re: [Orgmode] Export bug: _ { chars in enough headlines, pdflatex export

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Export bug: _ { chars in enough headlines, pdflatex export fails
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 11:02:09 -0400

Jeff Kowalczyk <address@hidden> wrote:

> Export to pdflatex fails if underscore or unclosed bracket characters are in
> enough headlines.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

Open braces without the corresponding closing brace on the same line
caused errors before: Carsten fixed one (in an ATTR_LaTeX header iirc),
but I have run into at least one more. In my case, the open braces were
part of LaTeX constructs, so I could work around the problem by fooling
the org latex exporter like so:

#+BEGIN_LaTeX
\someconstruct{ %} dummy closing brace in comment
#+END_LaTeX
foo bar
#+BEGIN_LaTeX
}       % the real closing brace
#+END_LaTeX

(One could also use \begin{env}/\end{end} in most cases, but there are
still some cases where that option is not available, afaik).

That will not work as well for you. But I don't understand why you need
open braces in your headlines at all - can't you just get rid of them?

Thanks,
Nick