Re: [Orgmode] [BUG] org-export-normalize-links: Invalid function: org-if

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [BUG] org-export-normalize-links: Invalid function: org-if-unprotected-at
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 08:38:14 -0600

> On Sep 23, 2009, at 4:59 AM, Eric Schulte wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> When publishing large html projects I sometimes run into the following
>> error.
>>
>> : org-export-normalize-links: Invalid function: org-if-unprotected-at
>>
>> This happens unpredictably, and I find that it can normally be fixed
>> by
>> some combination of...
>> - updating Org-mode with git pull
>> - running make clean && make in my Org-mode directory
>> - restarting Emacs
>>
>> My questions are
>> - has anyone else seen this?
>> - does anyone have advice for forensic analysis I should perform next
>>  time this happens?
>>
>> Thanks -- Eric
>>

> Hi Eric,
>
> I think this can happen when using a uncompiled version of org-exp.el
> that is
> getting a compiled version of org.el via (require 'org).
>
> Adding
>
>    (require 'org-macs)
>
> to org-exp.el (I just did that) should hopefully get rid of this issue.
>
> - Carsten

Hi Carsten,

I just grabbed the latest version of Org-mode, ran

  $ make clean && make

restarted Emacs, and tried again and ran into the same issue.

  org-export-normalize-links: Invalid function: org-if-unprotected-at

I then ran

  $ make clean

restarted Emacs, and tried again, and the publish worked without a
problem.  It seems to be a problem related to compiled version of either
org-exp.el or org-macs.el, but I have no idea which.  For now I'm
content running uncompiled.  Please let me know if there is some way for
me to investigate or provide more useful debugging info.

Thanks -- Eric