Re: [Orgmode] Bug in subtree narrowing

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bug in subtree narrowing
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 23:53:15 -0700

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 23:22, Carsten Dominik
<address@hidden> wrote:
>> Sorting makes a lot of changes, so some users will not
>> notice the bug until much later.
>
> I do not understand what this has to do with narrowing to a subtree?

Sorting obscures the bug.

> Are you suggesting that I should add the final newline?

No.  Move the end forward by one char.

> Under what circumstances?

Perhaps when it won't break anything.

> Are you aware of the variable `require-final-newline'?  It might be for you?
> I have turned it on.

Isn't that for files?

I am referring to narrowed regions.  Point at end should be after the
newline, to match my intuition.  But this conflicts with outline's
intuition.

Adding a newline is not necessary.

Thanks for fixing the bug.