[Orgmode] Defaults for Org variables

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [Orgmode] Defaults for Org variables
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 07:39:55 +0100

In a different thread, Sebastian Rose writes:

Footnotes:

[1] We should discuss this in an extra thread: make log-into-drawer and
   clocking the default and just have it turned on (is it the
   default??). It's sooo useful.  And I'm sure, Alice would simply
   enjoy it (without any customization !!!).

I am always open to discuss new defaults for variables.  However,
let me tell you my motivation for this specific case.

While I agree that it is extremely useful to get notes and clocking
into drawers,  this is a feature that is quite magical for a new
user and maybe hard to understand.  I mean, you clock in an nothing
happens - sort of.  This is why I felt it is better to just have
this stuff plainly visible in the buffer when Org comes out of
the box.

But I can always be convinced otherwise.  Comments on this and any
other variables are welcome in this thread.

- Carsten