Re: [Orgmode] [Announcement] Org-babel initial release

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [Announcement] Org-babel initial release
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 22:53:44 +0200

"Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:
> Sebastian Rose <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> "Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:
>

>>> Yes, currently the best way to get a feel for how to add languages would
>>> be to start with an existing language file (I'd suggest
>>> org-babel-python.el or org-babel-ruby.el, or for simpler less
>>> comprehensive language support look at org-babel-ditaa or
>>> org-babel-haskell) and make changes from there.  I agree that a brief
>>> tutorial for adding language support would be helpful.
>>

>> A skeleton maybe?
>> And just a few comments describing the I/O of the basic functions
>> (and/or the global vars/containers that take the results).
>>

> Good idea, I'm attaching an org-babel-template.el file which tries to be
> just that.  I'd be interested to hear how it works for you, or if you
> want to make any changes.  Once there is a good version maybe it would
> be a good thing to either add to the babel/lisp/langs directory, or at
> least to post on Worg.

Ahhh - now that I get simple output from PHP...
simple already worked for my, by taking the org-babel-python.el,
replacing org-babel-python-evaluate by org-babel-sh-evaluate and replace
all `python' and `sh' by `php'.

(OK - and wrap the `full-body' into `<?php ' and ' ?>').

But then I screwed it up by replacing the modified org-babel-sh-evaluate
by the  org-babel-python-evaluate function again - now I don't get the
results out... but I'm on the track.

OK - I'll try the template. I need to understand the whole thing anyway
:)

Best wishes

  Sebastian