Re: [Orgmode] Re: RSI

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: RSI
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 10:20:41 +0100

At Mon, 14 Sep 2009 18:56:27 -0600,
Dave Täht wrote:
> What I'd like is "numlock" to do the right thing, which to me, when on,
> is to not only turn on the numeric keypad, but shift the address@hidden&*()
> characters so they don't need to be shifted to reach.
>
> And I don't know how to do that in xmodmap.

I am not sure how to make the numlock key turn into a toggle that
would make the number keys reverse their meaning.  However, you could
make the numlock key act as a modifier key which, in conjunction with
any number key, would give the number you want.  Or maybe the caps
lock key will do what you want?

Sorry I cannot be more helpful here; my use of xmodmap is limited to
remapping specific keys such as the windows keys, the alg-gr key and
the caps lock key.