[Orgmode] Emacs 21.4.1 support

From: Jing Su @ Gmail
Subject: [Orgmode] Emacs 21.4.1 support
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 13:45:48 -0400

Hi guys,

I was wondering how to install org-mode for Emacs 21.4.1, which is the latest version provided by RHEL 5 and RHEL 4. I even cannot find previous releases for Emacs 21 at all, nor on the FAQ. It looks that Emacs 21 is no longer supported.

I fully understand that Emacs 21 is way out of date. However, since RHEL is one of the mainstream commercial distros, and is common on servers, it would be great if org-mode can be consistent with such ``industrial standard'' (which is always way out of date :S ). System administrators will take risk to install unofficial org-mode, but most of them won't risk the whole server, i.e., risk their necks, for a newer but unofficial (according to RH) Emacs version.

Thanks a lot and best regards :)

Jing

Jing Su
PhD, Biomedical Engineering