Re: [Orgmode] Re: Stuck in a folded section when subtree is folded

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Stuck in a folded section when subtree is folded
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 06:00:20 +0200

On Sep 6, 2009, at 6:34 PM, PT wrote:

Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik <at> gmail.com> writes:

Wrong answer:  The correct answer would have been:

Yes, it is nil!

Because the default value is t!.  The default value means
that TAB will not at all fold an entry when the
cursor is not in the headline.  Maybe this is really the
setting you want?

You are correct, I set it to nil, but this was not the issue. I
thought you ask it because of some strange interaction.

I'm happy with the current setting. I want TAB to fold
everywhere. The problem is if I'm standing in a place like this

I did understand the problem.

The reason why I am not moving the cursor after folding
is so that you can go back with another TAB, with the cursor
still at the same position.

In my setup, `C-a' works to bring the cursor to the beginning
of the headline.  What are you using to try to get to the
beginning of the lines?

- Carsten

* header

some text <cursor is here> some other text

and press TAB then the subtree is folded properly, but the cursor
is stuck in the folded section:

* header <cursor appears here, it is in the folded section>...

and I think it should be put to the beginning of line to avoid leaving
it in the folded section after a fold:

<cursor>* header...

Maybe I was not clear enough in the first post.