Re: [Orgmode] representation of clients

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] representation of clients
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 10:59:18 +0200

Richard Riley <address@hidden> writes:
> People using org-mode to maintain tasks, order, reminders , notes etc,
> how do you represent clients? By a TAG? by a separate category? Separate
> file?
>
> In my case I'm writing some SW for a few small companies and am humming
> and harring on how best to model the work process, requests, meetings
> and cases which arise.
>
> Any pointers/ links appreciated.

While you could use this model:

  1. Add all your tasks to just one file.
  2. archive everything that is billed and payed.

I prefer to use one file for my personal agenda, and one per
customer. Those files tend to grow to more than just a few hundred
lines, and it's easier to find a task in the future.

Todo files for active projects/customers are added to my list of agenda
files (`C-c ['). That way it's easy to find the file by pressing `C-,'
repeatedly (e.g. during a phone call). You can type `C-,' with one hand
easily.

If the project/customer is not active anymore (nothing else to do), I do
a `C-c ]' to remove the file from my list of agenda files. This keeps
the agenda fast and clean.

   Sebastian