Re: [Orgmode] Re: Workshop invitation to Berlin this weekend

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Workshop invitation to Berlin this weekend
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 12:46:20 +0200

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> Sebastian Rose wrote:
>> September 5th 2PM I will conduct a workshop on Org-mode in Berlin.
>> The title is
>>
>>   Working and publishing with GNU Emacs and Org-mode
>>
>> We will start setting up org-mode and have run through all the basics
>> like tasks, time tracking, remember, tables and so on, to adjust the
>> levels of all participants.
>>
>> We will go on and use Org-mode as the glue for projects, which involves
>> time tracking as well as bug tracking and code management, radio tables,
>> use the agenda and more.
>>
>> We will then go ahead and show how Org-mode can be used for
>> authoring. The emphasis will be on publishing to XHTML and LaTeX/PDF.
>>
>> Note, that we have open end, so we might discuss more topics if we feel
>> like it. E.g. check out some contributions in the contrib/lisp/
>> directory.
>
> Will there be a video of this event?  I think it always is interesting to
> review how others do similar things than ours. At least, I'd like to see...

Unfortunately not.

There are two main reasons for this:

  a) I don't have a camera capable of recording 6 or more hours in good
     quality.

  b) The organizer doesn't want that. Maybe they had issues with
     attendants not willing to be seen/heard on video in the past.

As for me, a video would have been fine. I don't do such things very
often, and I know it's fun to see all the stumbling and sweat on video
:-D

A chance to learn something, too.

Best wishes

  Sebastian