Re: [Orgmode] bad habit (deleting elipses in folded tree)

From: Daniel Clemente
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] bad habit (deleting elipses in folded tree)
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 22:49:18 +0200

El mar, sep 01 2009 a les 11:32, Alan E. Davis va escriure:
> What's the scoop about elipses?  Which variables are relevant?  Can I defeat
> this habit by reconfiguring, or do I have to force myself to have better
> habits?

  You can change how the ellipsis look so that you are more careful and don't
confuse them with 3 normal dots which could appear anywhere...

  For instance:
 (setq org-ellipsis "〖 ✎ 〗")

  Or just give it a more visible face, like in:
(setq org-ellipsis (quote org-column))

  I use another face and I don't attempt anymore to delete hidden text. [1]
  In addition I use … to write ellipsis myself, thus I notice the difference
between … and ...

-- Daniel

[1] I only do it when I hit some org-mode bug which allows you to edit
invisible text while it still shows the ellipsis; this happens specially at the
end of buffers (narrowed or not).