[Orgmode] RSI

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: [Orgmode] RSI
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 11:11:34 -0700

Orgers,

Repetitive strain injury is real and important.

One thing that you can do is to ensure that you have a keyboard that
has modifier keys on both sides.  You should pound a new habit into
your cerebellum: use two hands.

For example, c-c c-o should look like this:

  r hand presses ctrl
  l hand presses c
  let go
  l hand presses ctrl
  r hand presses o
  let go

This is obviously inefficient, but it is the correct thing.

Ideally, the most important c-c and c-x operations would be on the
lhs.  That way, you can hold down ctrl and press the two keys.

Many (maybe even most) will find this idea strange.  But I urge all of
you to try it for a few months.