[Orgmode] Re: org-mode on sloooow computer

From: Daniel Martins
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-mode on sloooow computer
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 18:03:34 -0300

You can always try out a new version of org-mode without changing
anything in your emacs installation. Simply download
(http://orgmode.org/org-6.29c.zip), unzip, byte-compile the files
(either from the command line or dired), and add the new directory to
your load path.

I did all but it complains about a

org-agenda-list: Symbol's function definition is void: elp-wrapper

Daniel

2009/8/31 Matt Lundin <address@hidden>
Daniel Martins <address@hidden> writes:

> This version is 30 days old.

Actually, org-mode 6.21b was released on Feb. 2, 2009.

But org-mode does change quickly. :)

> To do not create problems with my Ubuntu distribution it is a bit hard
> to try newer versions but I can try if this is
>
>  I feel that there is something critical beyond an upgrade but I do not
> know how to find the core of the problem
>
> Other modes are not slow

You can always try out a new version of org-mode without changing
anything in your emacs installation. Simply download
(http://orgmode.org/org-6.29c.zip), unzip, byte-compile the files
(either from the command line or dired), and add the new directory to
your load path.

See this FAQ for more information:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#installing-org-without-make-tools

Best,