Re: [Orgmode] Remaining time (in column view)

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Remaining time (in column view)
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 19:06:01 +0200

On Aug 17, 2009, at 10:53 AM, Daniel Clemente wrote:

Column view (C-c C-x C-c) is useful to show how much time I have estimated for a task and how much time I have clocked for it. It also seems helpful to show „how much time it remains“, which is the difference {estimated time} - {clocked time} for that task. It can be positive, negative (overrun) or empty (if you didn't estimate the effort). It is useful to choose the next task to do from a set of partially worked-on tasks.

Just like there is a special column called CLOCKSUM ([1]), ¿is there something like CLOCKREM to show the remaining time?

Hi Daniel,

there is nothing like this yet, and I do not have the time currently
to implement it - but I would accept a patch to this effect.

- Carsten