Re: [Orgmode] can't see emphasized text in org

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] can't see emphasized text in org
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 00:06:41 +0800

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> *Why* it falls back to underlining is probably a question
> that should be addressed to the emacs developers, but it looks like
> a bug to me (hence copied to the emacs bugs list - version info
> appended[2])

Wow, thanks for tracking this down!

I'm not sure I would consider the fallback on underline a bug.
As I understand it, the "italic" face is equivalent to the LaTeX
"emphasize" -- which means that the font has to be more readable
in any fashion, either by slanting the text or by underlining it.

This is an incorrect use of "italic" but I guess fixing this would
break things backward.

Thanks again for the helpful information,

--
 Bastien