[Orgmode] Preventing (or mitigating) accidental deletion in org-mode

From: Nick Bell
Subject: [Orgmode] Preventing (or mitigating) accidental deletion in org-mode
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 11:58:35 +0100

Dear List,

Org-mode is great and I'd like to commit to it. However, I'm held back
by the  apparent fragility of  data stored in org-files.  For example,
it's easy to delete entire folded  trees of data with just a couple of
keystrokes or a mouse click.

It there any way I can confirm all deletions of significant amounts of
data?

I've  tried wimpy-del.el <http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/wimpy-del.el>
but,  although  it  seems  to  work when  called  directly  (e.g.  M-x
kill-region-wimpy)  it  doesn't intercept  all  other functions  which
might cause data deletion.

I'd appreciate people's thoughts

Nick

--